Monday, August 18, 2014

I'm hooked


I consider myself to be a normal person.  I have normal responsibilities like cleaning house, working, and taking care of my children.   I also have normal hobbies like reading, doing crafts, and crocheting.

Usually these normal hobbies occupy a normal (read small) amount of my time.  But occasionally I start something that I get obsessed with.

During these periods of obsession, I do the bare necessities of my normal responsibilities---dishes that don't have to be washed stay dirty, laundry stays in the hamper, toys stay spread all over the floor.  I must now apologize to my loving husband for these periods and express my gratitude for his help with the housework.

Often during these times, you will find me huddled up on the couch while my kids entertain themselves.

I recently  went through one of these periods with crocheting (thanks for not visiting my house last week ;) ).

It all started innocently enough. Baby girl was blessed in beautiful crocheted dress, and  I couldn't stand the thought of a future daughter not being blessed in a similar beautiful gown.  Fortunately, my grandma had taught me to crochet when I was a young girl.  Unfortunately, I had never attempted anything that wasn't rectangular.

Nevertheless, I found a pattern on Pinterest and gave it a shot.  It took about 7 months, but I did eventually finish it.  And I am quite pleased with the results.  It is a simple dress, but I think it is nice.



And that's when things got crazy.  Once I had finished the simple dress, I decided to try a more difficult pattern.  Only this time, I couldn't put it down.  I was totally hooked :) I crocheted at every possible moment.....and a mere 5 days after I started the second dress, it was finished!  And I think it is quite beautiful.

It turned out a little larger than I was expecting.  I was intending to make a blessing/christening dress but it happens to fit my 9 month old Princess.  So, this beautiful dress will be available on Etsy until August 29 if anyone wants it.  After that, you can see it displayed at church by the most beautiful model you'll ever see ;)  (Dress sold)








No comments:

Post a Comment