Saturday, August 23, 2014

One Day, When I'm a little bigger

Kids can say the cutest things,


Tonight we went to our ward camp-out/dinner which happened to be at Palisade Park.  Our drive to and from the event took us past the Manti Temple.  Since Little Man doesn't often see the temple, we try to take the opportunity to teach about it while we pass.....which of course often includes the doctrine of eternal marriage.

Tonight was no exception.  Jake was reminding Little Man the Manti Temple was where Mommy and Daddy were married so we will all be a family forever.

The following conversation ensued.

Little Man: I'm not married.
Daddy: No, not yet.
LM: And 'Attalie (our neighbor and occasional babysitter) is not married.
Daddy: No, she isn't.
LM: One day, when I'm a little bigger, I can grow up and marry 'Attalie and she can live with us for ever and ever.

Jake and I were giggling so hard, while still trying to maintain some type of conversation encouraging Little Man to grow up and marry in the temple, while not creating unrealistic expectations of being able to marry 'Attalie.....only because I expect  'Attalie will be married before I allow Little Man to start dating.

Though I hadn't really expected to have to deal with "crushes" for a few years, I'm grateful we have a babysitter Little Man loves ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment