Saturday, July 26, 2014

A little bit crafty

I have never really considered myself gifted in the crafting area.

I enjoy doing crafts, but often when I get finished I have a project that looks like I let my 3 year old do it for me.....and it has been that way most of my life.

For the most part, I am okay with this lack of talent.  Most of the time I am quite content with the gifts that I do have and don't worry too much about creating beautiful art-type projects.

There is, however, one major exception to my contentedness, and that is when it comes to making things for my family, especially my children.  Because of that, I often turn to my quite gifted husband who usually is able to create what I want--or better. For example these beautiful puzzles (which happen to be available for purchase here if you are interested)





Also these awesome candy collecting bags for the parade.

But occasionally, I like to do projects that don't increase the workload for someone else.  At those times, I am grateful for tools that make creating things easy!  A few months ago, I decided to get a Silhouette to be able to make cute paper creations.  And it has been fun!!!

And I have been able to create some cute stuff.  See...

For one project I have recently decided to do, I had a LOT of help from the internet.  Some awesome lady named Monsterrat colored all or most of the flannel board stories published in The Friend and made them available on her blog.  At some point, I stumbled across them and thought how cool it would be to use them, but that it would not be cool to have to cut out all those pictures by hand.  So I decided to use my cool new silhouette software (downloadable for free here) and make them into "print and cut" files.

Creating the files took a bit of time, but I am excited by the results on the few I have actually been able to do (we had a bit of a printer issue).  But since things seem to have worked out so well, I thought I would share the files so others could use them too.

If you don't have a Silhouette, you can still use the files to print to your computer, and the individual pieces are easily resized and separated from the other images.  I have only included the pictures.  If you would also like the story files you can get them from Monsterrat's blog Cranial Hiccups or from the Friend.

Here is a link to the print and cut files in dropbox.  Please let me know if it doesn't work as I'm a bit new to this file sharing thing.

Book of Mormon stories
Church History
New Testament
Old Testament






1 comment:

  1. I love how the changes in technology help us even more. Using the Silhouette to cut out the flannel board stories is a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete