Saturday, July 20, 2013

Night time fences

Last  night we set up Little Man's new bed. So far, he seems to like the bed.  But liking the BED and liking to SLEEP on the bed aren't quite the same thing ;).

Previously, we had him on a full sized mattress that was set on the floor.  Our nightly routine included laying by him as he went to sleep.  And lately he has been doing that pretty fast.  Some nights when he was wiggly, we could even tell him that he needed to stay in bed and we would come back to check on him.  When we would come back a few (10-15) minutes later, he would either be asleep or still in bed.

Last night, however, I think the excitement of the new bed and the change in routine made falling asleep challenging for him.  He kept talking about the "fence" on his bed.  After 30-40 minutes of sitting with a very wiggly Little Man, I told him I was going to leave and I would be back in a few minutes.  Apparently, the "fence" on his bed made him think of horses because when I came back to check on him, he had left his bed and was riding his rocking horse.

I put him back in the bed and stayed for a few more minutes.  During that time, he kept telling me about the "fence" and "opening the gate". Again, I left telling him I would be back to check on him.  A few minutes later..........he was back on the rocking horse. 

Maybe we'll have to get him a horse to keep in his "fence" while he sleeps so he can stay in bed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment