Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hello Officer....

View from near the bottom of the driveway
I've been thinking about changing the picture on my blog to a picture of my driveway.  I didn't do it earlier because I hadn't taken a picture that actually had the driveway in it.

I remedied that this afternoon because we had a funny driveway story.

Jake was out working on our new woodshed and I had gone out to watch him finish up.  A few minutes later we saw a car going towards the neighbor's driveway, then it backed up and drove up our driveway.  As it was starting up the bottom of the drive, I noticed it was a sheriff's car.

Now, to be perfectly clear.  Jake and I don't do things that should require a sheriff's visit.  Still, there is a certain tenseness that happens when you see a cop coming up your driveway.

Our driveway is a little long (and has a circular portion)....so we had 20-30 seconds before he made it up to the house.  When he reached the top of the driveway, he paused, told Jake "Sorry, I just didn't know where this road went."  And he continued down the driveway.

Jake and I kind of chuckled because on the 24th we had several 4 wheelers come up the driveway looking for a path to the mountains.   Because of that I had commented that we should put a sign at the bottom that says "Private Drive"......guess if we had gotten around to doing that quickly, we wouldn't have had the chance to show our Little Man a cop car up close ;)  


No comments:

Post a Comment